Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Great Race Poetry Competition results

Here are the winners:
2010-11 Poetry Comp


Open Section

1st Prize – Julie Morris: The Ghosts of Legends Past

highly commended – Mira Pavlovic: The Great Race

commened – Ray Clift: The Great Race of Earthly Life



Secondary

1st – Laura Zdanowicz: The Underdog



Primary

1st – Sarah Zdanowicz: The Swimming Race



District Council of Mallala Award

winner – Douglas Howard: That Same Feeling

Congratulations to all of the winners. There will be another poetry competition happening this year, with the winners to be announced in the early part of next year.

The entry form and guidelines will be published on this blog when they are released, but here is the sneak preview news about the theme this time - the theme will be a good one - Crossroads!

We can all relate to that one, I'm sure. I know I feel that I arrived at an important crossroad in my life journey when I was diagnosed with a chronic disease with no cure (yet). I could have curled up in a ball and wept all of the time, but I decided to take a positive path and so I'm still here, still doing all I can.

What important crossroads have you come to in life, whether it be love, work, health, sport, family or any other important thing. Get thinking about it and be ready with your best poetic efforts later in the year!

No comments: