Monday, June 28, 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Last Sunday, 27 June, 2010, Prince Albert Hotel, Gawler. The fire was warm and so was the friendship we shared!

Friendship, and fantastic poetry were in abundance as I greeted new friends and old, hugs all round and a good time was had by all. I was amazed at the high quality of the poetry read on the day. Amazed and excited.

If this is the quality of poetry being written currently, then No, Poetry is Not Dead! Poetry in Gawler for Poetry @ the Pub is Alive and Kicking with Life and Vitality.

If we continue to get this quality of poetry for the rest of the year, then having to pick the very best for the end of Year Poetry Anthology is shaping up to be a difficult but very enjoyable task!

I thank all of the wonderful people who shared their Sunday with us, and to my dear friends who couldn't get there I say "Make there in July - you won't regret it".

3 comments:

TK said...

ooh yes sounds as if you had a great day - between trying to shake this wretched lurgy, pretending to help Shaun with the bookcase I am not much chop at the moment!!! Enjoy!!

Have Myelin? said...

I have only written one poem in my life. I have never shown it to anyone. LOL.

Carolyn Cordon said...

Only one poem in your life? Do you have a different path to go with your creativity? Writing your blogs I guess does that. Anything creative that gives you pleasure is a wonderful thing, even if it drives you crazy sometimes! The pleasure outweighs the pain, and it lasts for a longer time, at least that's what I've found.